Durrington High School Careers Programme
The careers library is open from 8:45 – 4:00 every day and we welcome students from all year groups who would like help, advice or guidance.
The careers library is located at the end of the art corridor on the first floor.
Some of things we can help with are:
- Exploring different careers based on your interests and best subjects
- Researching and applying for college or sixth form
- Researching and applying for apprenticeship vacancies
- Writing or refining a CV
- Using job search websites
- Taking a personality test to find matching careers
- Establishing the correct education path for specific careers
- Researching universities and their requirements
- Writing personal statements
- Preparing for a college or job interview
- Talking geneally about how to choose a path
We have an on-going commitment to ensure that all our students have access to good quality impartial careers advice, thereby ensuring that each student has the best possible foundation on which to base their future choices and pathways.
Each student has access to information in the careers library as well as our careers advisers, who offer impartial careers advice for Years 7-11, helping students with their choices. Whether these are selecting GCSEs, researching apprenticeships or making college and course choices, the department is there to help. Every Year 11 is seen by our careers advisers to make sure that they have explored all possible options before making their decision about their post-16 education.
Our careers team offer a wide range of activities and resources, which help our students make good informed decisions about their future as they progress through the school. Our careers library is fully resourced and is open to all students without appointment during break and lunchtimes.
The IT facilities include kudos, introduced in Year 9, a web based programme providing students with career, subject and college information. Another programme is Unifrog, a careers guidance tool which at all times maintains a comprehensive set of every university course, and every apprenticeship vacancy, in the UK. The benefit of being web based is that these programmes can be used at home by the students / parents & carers. Students will only be able to access these sites by a product code only available from the careers team.
Meet our Careers Team
Mr T Henry
Mrs J Davis
Careers / Work Experience Administrator
Kudos Web Portal
All Durrington students have a login to the Kudos Careers System. They are free to use this throughout their time at school. Benefits include:
- Personality tests that can suggest job ideas to explore
- A huge database of jobs showing salary information, skills needed, pathways and snapshots
- Individual student profiles allowing for shortlists, favourites, and suggestions
- Local 16+ destination information
- Industry and subject information
Students can login using their school email address as their username. If they have not already set a password, they can click on the forgotten your details link to set one.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
Labour market information covers all data that is gathered and compiled regarding employment and workforce. The purpose is to help people make informed decisions about all aspects of career and education planning. Reports for the UK are produced throughout the year and feature national as well as regional segments.
At Durrington High the computer science department offer a huge range of opportunities for students to enhance their learning and get an insight into the plentiful opportunities the subject can