Year 8 Parents / Carers Consultation Evening – Tuesday 7th December 2021
We are delighted to inform you that we will be holding our Year 8 Parent/Carer Consultation Evening on Tuesday 7th December 2021 between 4:30pm and 7:30pm and this will take place virtually using the SchoolCloud software. This is a great opportunity to engage with your child’s teachers and we are really looking forward to meeting with you online. We used this platform very successfully last year and faced with the current rising numbers of COVID 19 cases within our local community, this format will help keep you, our students and our staff as safe as possible.
To enable as many parents/carers to access appointments, the initial release will allow parents/carers to make a maximum of 5 subject appointments in the first instance; we will release a further series of appointments on Wednesday 1st December 2021 at 4pm. Please be assured that if you can’t get all the appointments you want (for example because a number of staff teach two or more full classes) you will be able to email the specific members of staff to request a call-backs. We strongly encourage students to be part of the call and play an active part in the discussion of their progress and achievements.
Key information for parents
- On Saturday 27th November 2021, we will open the booking system at 9am for parents and carers to begin making appointments and it will remain open until 12pm Monday 6th December 2021.
- Parents / carers should use their child’s christian name and surname and date of birth to login to the following website to book appointments.
- The link to the website is here:
- Each appointment will start exactly at the allocated time and will be 5 minutes long, ending promptly at the end of the 5 minute session. There is a countdown timer on screen to alert you to the remaining time; teachers do not have control over this/can’t extend or pause the timer. There is a short break between appointments to allow teachers to prepare for the next consultation.
- There is a function to allow parents to raise any particular points with staff, they can be shared in advance of the appointment with the teacher to maximise the available time for discussion.
- Parents and carers are able to access the same appointments from separate locations using seperate devices if needed. This is a benefit as it means more parents/carers can be directly involved in this important evening.
A guide on how to make appointments using SchoolCloud can be found here.
If you experience any issues accessing the SchoolCloud website or require additional guidance booking a parents evening appointment, please contact the schools IT support team on email@example.com.
Should you not have access to the internet, please could you contact the school directly on 01903 244957. Please leave a message outlining your child’s name, tutor group, contact number and a list of the 5 subject teachers that you wish to speak with. Along with this letter are further details and instructions of how the evening works and the system requirements for the IT that you will be using.
We remain fully committed to meeting you face to face and I would like to give advance notice that we will be holding a face to face meeting opportunity for you with your child’s tutor onsite at school on Wednesday 26th May 2022. Further details regarding this event will follow closer to the date.
We look forward to seeing you online on Tuesday 7th December.
Mr J Fuller