Dear Parents and Carers
Year 11 Parents / Carers Consultation Evening – Tuesday 25th January 2022
I am writing to remind you that the appointments for our Year 11 Parents/Carers Consultation Evening will open from 9am tomorrow, on Saturday 8th December. As you will be aware the evening will be held virtually using the School Cloud software and this evening presents an excellent opportunity to engage with your child’s teachers and receive key information regarding their progress across their GCSE & BTEC courses. We have now used this platform very successfully across all year groups in the school and faced with the current rising numbers of COVID 19 cases within our local community, this format will help keep you, our students and our staff as safe as possible.
To enable as many parents/carers to access appointments, the initial release will allow parents/carers to make a maximum of 5 subject appointments in the first instance; we will release a further series of appointments on Saturday 15th January 2022 at 9am. Please be assured that if you can’t get all the appointments you want (for example because a number of staff teach two or more full classes) you will be able to email the specific members of staff to request a call-back. We strongly encourage students to be part of the call and play an active part in the discussion regarding their progress and achievements.
Key information for parents
- On Saturday 8th January 2022, we will open the booking system at 9am for parents and carers to begin making appointments and it will remain open until 12pm Monday 24th January 2022.
- Parents / carers should use their child’s christian name and surname and date of birth to login to the following website to book appointments.
- The link to the website is here: https://durringtonhighschool.schoolcloud.co.uk/
- Each appointment will start exactly at the allocated time and will be 5 minutes long, ending promptly at the end of the 5 minute session. There is a countdown timer on screen to alert you to the remaining time; teachers do not have control over this/can’t extend or pause the timer. There is a short break between appointments to allow teachers to prepare for the next consultation.
- There is a function to allow parents to raise any particular points with staff, they can be shared in advance of the appointment with the teacher to maximise the available time for discussion.
- Parents and carers are able to access the same appointments from separate locations using seperate devices if needed. This is a benefit as it means more parents/carers can be directly involved in this important evening.
Please click on the link below for a guide on how to make appointments using SchoolCloud
If you experience any issues accessing the SchoolCloud website or require additional guidance booking a parents evening appointment, please contact the schools IT support team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not have access to the internet, please could you contact the school directly on 01903 244957. Please leave a message outlining your child’s name, tutor group, contact number and a list of the 5 subject teachers that you wish to speak with.
This evening forms a crucial part of the support for our Year 11’s and the feedback that they receive from staff will be vitally important to them moving forward. We sincerely hope that all parents and students will be able to make themselves available to attend the event and we look forward to seeing you all online on Tuesday 25th January 2022.
Mr J Fuller