Dear Parents and Carers
Year 10 Parents / Carers Consultation Evening – 24 March 2021
We are pleased to be able to confirm that we will be holding our Year 10 Parent/Carer Consultation Evening on Wednesday 24 March 2021 between 4pm and 7:30pm. Due to the ongoing restrictions in place due the COVID 19 pandemic, we will be using video appointments through the School Cloud online system. This platform has been successfully used by a number of our own staff as parents, local schools, both primary and secondary to deliver similar events and we are confident it provides an excellent forum to complete such an important evening. Students are encouraged to be part of the call and take part in the appointment. The system allows for parents /carers to be in two locations, yet be part of the same appointment call should this be required.
School Cloud – Key information for parents
- On the evening of Sunday 07 March 2021 we will open the booking system at 7pm for parents and carers to begin making appointments and it will remain open until 7pm Monday 22 March 2021.
- Parents / carers should use their child’s christian name and surname and date of birth to login to the following website to book appointments. The link to the website is here.
- Each appointment will start exactly at the allocated time and will be 5 minutes long, ending promptly at the end of the 5 minute session. There is a countdown timer on screen to alert you to the remaining time; teachers do not have control over this/can’t extend or pause the timer. There is a short break between appointments to prepare for the next consultation.
- There is a function to allow parents to raise any particular points with staff, they can be shared in advance of the appointment with the teacher to maximise the available time for discussion.
- Parents and carers are able to access the same appointments from separate locations using seperate devices if needed. This is a benefit as it means more parents/carers can be directly involved in this important evening.
- Science – For trilogy students (this meaning they are doing 2 GCSEs) – only one appointment should be made. This must be with the member of staff that teaches the majority of the lessons.
- Our Careers Manager, Mr Henry, will be available for anybody who would like to have an early discussion about college, apprenticeship or job pathway options after Year 11.
To enable as many parents/carers to access appointments the initial release will allow parents/carers to make a maximum of 5 subject appointments; we will release a further tranche of appointments on 14 March 2021. Please be assured that if you can’t get all the appointments you want (for example because a number of staff teach two or more full GCSE classes) you will be able to email the specific members of staff to request a call-backs. Please click here for a guide on how to make appointments using School Cloud
If you experience any issues accessing the School Cloud website or require additional guidance booking a parents evening appointment, please contact the schools IT support team.
If you do not have access to the internet, please could you contact the school on 01903 244957. Please leave a message outlining your child’s name, tutor group, contact number and a list of the 5 subject teachers that you wish to speak with.
We are aware that the Year 10 Parent / Carer Consultation Evening is such an important event for students, parents and carers and staff in sharing key information to allow our students to progress further. The School Cloud platform requires few system requirements and we are confident that you will find the system efficient and effective and that it will allow us to complete the event despite the current lockdown restrictions.
We remain fully committed to supporting each and every member of our Year 10 community and are all working together to minimise the impact of the current restrictions and looking forward to this key event for our students and families.
Mr J Fuller