In the winter, during spells of poor weather parents are asked to help in the following ways:
- First thing in the morning listen to local radio stations and check the schools website. We will inform you if the school is not going to open. This will avoid confusion and jamming of the school’s telephone lines.
- We will also ensure that a notice of closure is posted on our school website to support this procedure.
- We will use parentmail and twitter (@DurringtonHigh) whenever possible to keep parents informed of the current situation.
- Students are expected to attend school unless we have announced that we are closed.
- If weather conditions decline during a school day we may need to allow all children the option of going home early. In the event of students being unable to communicate with parents they will be able to remain in school until arrangements can be made for their collection or safe return home.
- Please make sure your child understands your wishes in severe weather circumstances about what they should do.
- Notices will be placed on our website if circumstances change during the day.
- Please ensure that children are appropriately dressed in the event of severe weather with waterproof shoes, a coat and gloves.